TODO: Full update of this file, currently outdated
Description: Service Foo does lot of things and provides 'foo'
Description: Baz runs after Foo and then needs 'foobar'
Startup: baz --start
Shutdown: killall baz
- Name: name of the service, a-Z0-9 without spaces, - and _ allowed
- Description: One line description of the service
Separate multiples keywords with
,. Only a-Z0-9 - and _ allowed
- Startup: One line command to start service
- Shutdown: One line command to stop service
- CheckAlive: One line command to check if service is alive, however it use PIDFile
- PIDFile: File the daemon store his PID. Should be mandatory for Type: forking
- Autostart: true/false, will the service started on boot ?
- forking: service is expected to fork by himself, PIDFile: would be great
- oneshot: expected to fork by himself, no stop/status possible, it’s a one-shot thing
- simple: daemon doesn’t fork by himself
- virtual: used only for dependencies ordering
Requires are used for relationship, like udev can only be started when loopback have been brought up.
- Autostart: true
- Type: forking